In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Every 60 seconds, someone in the United States dies from a heart-disease related event. In fact, more people in this country are diagnosed with heart disease than from all forms of cancer combined. The statistics are staggering but they don’t tell the whole story.
○ There is hope and it’s closer than you think. It’s right here at Ochsner. With treatment options so revolutionary they aren't available anywhere else in the region, the award-winning team at Ochsner is dedicated to changing and saving lives, and helping our patients fight back.
○ Named after nationally renowned heart surgeon Dr. John Ochsner, the John Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute (JOHVI) is a comprehensive cardiac and vascular tertiary care center with multiple locations, making it convenient to connect the communities we serve to the excellent quality care they need.
○ JOHVI is home to more than 50 cardiologists representing a continuum of care unmatched in the Gulf Coast region. In fact, people from all over the world come to Ochsner for heart care. Ochsner has completed over 950 heart transplants and over 830 non-surgical aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures. We are the largest comprehensive center for management of arrhythmias in the Gulf South with over 2,600 procedures performed a year.
○ Through ongoing research initiatives, physician training programs and clinical trials, JOHVI continues to set the standard for diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. We serve as a destination center for patients across the Gulf South with complex cardiac diseases and as a resource for patients who have been told there are no other options available to treat their heart and vascular condition.
○ Patients throughout the region benefit from the quality of care only Ochsner can provide at locations in the New Orleans, West Bank, Uptown New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Kenner, River Parishes, Northshore, and Bayou Regions.