Jeff Galloway Speaks at The Louisiana Marathon Wellness & Fitness Expo Pasta Dinner
Pre-race Pasta Dinner Saturday Night Before the Full & Half Marathons
Jeff Galloway will speak on Saturday, January 14, 2012 at The Louisiana Marathon Wellness & Fitness Pasta Dinner the night before the race.
Two Seatings Are Scheduled
Be sure to register early before the event sells out. We will not have a third.
First Seating: 6:00 pm
Second Seating: 7:30 pm
Belle of Baton Rouge
Meeting/ Ballroom to be announced
About Jeff Galloway
Jeff’s quest for the injury-free marathon training program led him to develop group training programs in 1978, and to author Runner’s World articles which have been used by hundreds of thousands of runners of all abilities. His training schedules have inspired the second wave of marathoners who follow the Galloway run-walk, low mileage, three-day, suggestions to an over 98% success rate.
Jeff has worked with over 200,000 average people in training for specific goals and is the inventor of the Galloway RUN-WALK-RUN™ method. Jeff is an inspirational speaker to over 200 running and fitness sessions each year.
His innovative ideas have opened up the possibility of running and completing a marathon to almost everyone. Philosophically, Jeff believes that we were all designed to run and walk, and he keeps finding ways to bring more people into the positive world of exercise…
WHO IS JEFF GALLOWAY?
- A world-class athlete. As a member of the 1972 Olympic team, Jeff competed against the world’s best athletes in Europe, Africa, and the former Soviet Union. He broke the U.S. 10-mile record (47:49) in 1973 and has a six-mile best of 27:21. Among his victories are the Peachtree Road Race, Honolulu Marathon, Atlanta Marathon and top place finisher in many prominent U.S. races such as the Boston Marathon.
- Founder of the Galloway Marathon Training Program.
- Coach to over 200,000 runners and walkers.
- Author of North America’s best selling running book: Galloway’s Book on Running. See “Publications” section for a complete listing of his published works.
- Monthly columnist for Runner’s World magazine.
- Motivational speaker giving over 200 talks per year across the country.
- Experienced race director having conducted over 500 fitness events, including the annual Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk in Atlanta, Ga.
- A consultant to dozens of races of all sizes including the Crescent City Classic, Midland Run, Grand Bahama 5000, Chicago Marathon, Vancouver International Marathon and Portland Marathon.
- Race Director for the National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer, the only marathon dedicated solely to raising funds for breast cancer research.
- Owner of Phidippides Running Stores, one of the first running specialty stores in the US, since 1974.
On to the Olympics: “In the fall of 1970 I enrolled in graduate school at Florida State University with two missions: to get a masters degree and to qualify for the Olympic Trials. My friends on the Florida Track Club, Frank Shorter and Jack Bacheler, talked me into joining them for high altitude training at Vail for two months prior to the 1972 Olympic trials. Qualifying for the Olympic team was fulfilling beyond words, but my greatest thrill was pacing Jack through the marathon trial and then dropping back at the finish so that he could take the remaining spot on the marathon team.”
Jeff qualified for the 1972 Olympics in the 10,000 meters and as an alternate for the marathon.
Jeff’s first business experience, in 1973, was a store for runners called Phidippides. Knowledgeable staff members continue to help customers with their exercise programs and are trained to match up shoes with the function and shape of the feet of each person. They stay on top of the ever-changing market, the different factories used, how the shoes actually work, and the many little devices which may reduce injury-or are pure advertising hype. He still owns two Phidippides stores in Atlanta.
Jeff now supervises Galloway Productions, which conducts dozens of fitness seminars throughout North America, fitness vacations to Greece and Lake Tahoe, and training groups in 40-50 cities a year.
As a race director, Jeff helped to organize the Peachtree Road Race as it grew from 1200 to 12,000 in three years. He organized the first Avon Marathon for women which contributed greatly to the inclusion of the marathon in the Olympics. His main Atlanta event, today, is the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk, which enters more than 20,000 each year.
What Others Say
“Jeff Galloway is perhaps the one individual in the American running community who can combine a superior knowledge of our sport with the highest level of achievement – making the Olympic team.”
- Bill Rodgers, 4-time winner of the Boston Marathon
“Certainly Jeff Galloway has both the knowledge and the physical ability to speak from experience. His book is an outstanding contribution to competitive running.”
- Kenneth H. Cooper, M.D. Author of Aerobics
“Jeff Galloway is one of those rare individuals who not only knows his craft, but also has the ability to convey this knowledge through teaching.”
- Frank Shorter, 1972 Olympic Marathon Champion
“Jeff Galloway is one of the most experienced, thoughtful, and innovative distance runners in American today. His book now allows all runners to benefit from his ideas and to improve their running with field-tested methods. I recommend it highly.”
- Joan L. Ullyot, M.D. Author of Running Free
In Jeff’s Words
“This past year, my 42nd year of running, was the best of my life. It is my mission in each of my talks to help others avoid the aches and pains, while experiencing all of accomplishment and attitude enhancement which running bestows better than anything in life.”
- Jeff Galloway
CONTACT JEFF GALLOWAY PRODUCTIONS
4651 Roswell Road, Suite I-802
Atlanta, GA 30342
We welcome your training questions, however due to the number of questions we receive, we can’t guarantee an answer. The most popular questions are taken into consideration and can be added to upcoming newsletters or articles. For some immediate training info, please visit Jeff Galloway Training >> or Jeff Galloway Resources >>