Clinics | Knowledge Breeds Confidence
The Louisiana Marathon clinic series fulfills the Rocket Racing LA49>1 Pledge of moving Louisiana from 49th place in health and wellness to first. Starting in June, participants are invited to statewide fitness and wellness workshops put on by the best health, nutrition and fitness professionals in Louisiana. Clinics will be hosted in several environments ranging from the intimate setting of an elite running store to a large university venue.
A vast number of topics are slated for every type of runner. From weekend warriors to children, from marathon veterans to first time walkers, The Louisiana Marathon Clinic Series has something for everyone to inspire a healthier lifestyle. To participate in hosting a clinic or participating on our expert panel please contact Kendall Ashley, Regional Director of Clinics for the Louisiana Marathon.
- Louisiana Athletic Club (Education Room) – Saturday, September 3rd – 5:00 AM (Clinic in conjunction with early morning run)
- Varsity Sports//Shaw Center fountains in downtown BR – Thursday, September 8th – 5:30 PM
- Lululemon – Wednesday, October 12th – 6:00 PM (Lemon’s & Tigers – location TBD)
- Lululemon – Friday, November 11th – 12:00 PM
- Varsity Sports – Thursday, January 5th – 6:00 PM
- Franco’s Athletic Club – Wednesday, June 29th – 6:00 PM
- Franco’s Athletic Club – Wednesday, August 10th – 6:00 PM
- Franco’s Athletic Club – Wednesday, October 19th – 6:00 PM
- Franco’s Athletic Club – Wednesday, December 7th – 6:00 PM
- Varsity Sports – Thursday, July 21st – 6:00 PM
- Salvation Studio – Friday, September 23rd – 9:00 AM
- Varsity Sports – Thursday, October 5th – 6:00 PM
- Lululemon – Tuesday, November 8th – 4:00 PM
- Salvation Studio – Wednesday, December 14th – 6:00 PM
- SportSpectrum – Saturday, September 3rd – TBD AM
Your Running Specialty Store/Health Club Not Listed?
Sign Up Your Facility >>
Who Leads our Clinics?
Rocket Racing and The Louisiana Marathon are fortunate to present certified wellness & fitness professionals to lead clinic sessions.
- Brandt Quick
- James Rizer
- Patrick Fellows
- Susan Hayden
- Guests Speakers…
Interested in speaking at one of our a clinics?
Sign Up to Speak >>
What types of Clinics will We Provide?Small & Intimate
The Louisiana Marathon will be partnering with experts in running, nutrition, wellness and fitness Small Clinics supporting 20-30 people in an intimate setting, ie lululemon, varsity sports, Francos
Support both LA 49>1,LAM, and Rocket Racing Sponsors
Happen 1x a month from July until January
Sponsors are represented.
Large & Jam-Packed Info
Large clinic supporting up to 200 people in a large university setting, ie Tulane, LSU
Multi- offerings at one time, ie Running, Nutrition, Gear
Occur every other month until January
Sponsor tables/ Mini- Expo
Sample Clinic Topics
- Nutrition for Runners
- Plant-Based Nutrition for Athletes
- Introduction to Cleansing
- Eating for Recovery, What do I Eat After Running?
- Protein, How Much is Enough
- Sugar Blues, How do I Eliminate Unwanted Sugar & Why I Should?
- Eating for Energy
- Weigh Less, Eat more
- Women’s Health Concerns
- Yoga for Runners
- Injury Prevention
- Time Management, How do I Get My Training Time?
- Strength Training
- Core Work for Running
- Running Gear, What do I Need for Race Day?
Why Provide Clinics?
The Louisiana Marathon
- is more then just a one day racing event. It is a year round commitment to better health and fitness for all participates. Our clinics and activities will help you prepare for the big race day, and gain more insights in regards to nutrition, fitness, recover and the mental aspect of preparation. Our ultimate goal is to propel the LA 49>1 campaign and pledge to a statewide recognition and impact on the lives of our friends and family.
It’s more than just putting on a one-day race. Rocket Racing has been providing clinics for those wanting to get into the sport of Triathlon. We put on Swim, Bike, and Running Clinics to give participants the confidence to go the distance. If you have a topic in mind, please let us know.
As we get closer to the race, The Louisiana Marathon® race committee will be releasing updated information. To stay up-to-date, check the site often or LIKE us on Facebook.com/thelamarathon or Follow @thelamarathon on Twitter.
To learn more about our clinics, contact: email@example.com