1. Prepare for your run with a scenic warm-up at the Louisiana State University Lakes or City Park.
2. Discover Downtown’s impressive political attractions like Old & New State Capitols and the Old
3. Explore Downtown’s trendy restaurant and bar scene with Tsunami, Restaurant IPO, Zoila Bistro, 3rd
Street Pub, Bald Eagle, & The Blues Room.
4. Enjoy some family time at the USS KIDD, Capitol Park Museum, and Louisiana Art & Science Museum.
5. Shop for fresh produce and much more at the Red Stick Farmers’ Market every Saturday.
6. Plantation hop to Magnolia Mound, Houmas House, Laura, Oak Alley or Nottoway.
7. Get up close and personal with the residents of BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo.
8. Explore LSU’s historic campus and catch a peek of Mike the Tiger, the university’s live mascot.
9. Get lucky at any of Baton Rouge’s luxury casinos – L’Auberge Casino Hotel, the Belle of Baton Rouge
Casino & Hotel, or Hollywood Casino.
10. Shop for both the old and new at Baton Rouge’s premier boutiques and shops at Perkins Rowe, the Mall
of Louisiana, Circa 1857 & Towne Center.
11. Get immersed in the local Baton Rouge music scene at Teddy’s Juke Joint, Mud & Water, Chelsea’s, or
12. Indulge in true Louisiana seafood at Tony’s Seafood and load up on Louisiana Fish Fry Products,
which was founded in Baton Rouge.
13. Love a sale? Head out to the Tanger Outlets for great deals on clothing & accessories from premier
14. Step into the past at the LSU Rural Life Museum and Windrush Gardens.
15. Get artsy at the LSU Museum of Art and catch a show at the Manship Theatre inside the Shaw Center
for the Arts.
16. Join Louisiana artist Henry Neubig at Louisiana Mud Painting to see masterpieces made with pigments
from the alluvial soils of the state.
17. Celebrate the holiday and attend the Martin Luther King Jr. Parade & March.
18. Get your midnight snack at Louie’s Café, the 24-hour diner where breakfast and dinner are served all
19. Have dinner at Juban’s, Galatoire’s Bistro or Mansur’s on the Boulevard for an upscale dining
20. Be adventurous and sample all the local favorites such as – Alligator Sauce Piquant, Gumbo,
Crawfish, Jambalaya, and Baton Rouge’s original Sensation Salad.